Anglican Church of the Epiphany

Ut diam


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Constetur adipispicing elit, sed diam nonumy nibn euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat voluptat ut wisi enimad minim veniam.


Quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Mr. Ben Rimbey donated the land on which the church was to be built. He being a carpenter by trade, was made foreman of the job. Mr. Bob Woolgar, a stonemason who lived between Rimbey and Bentley, put in the foundation, and Mr. R. White donated the gravel. The logs were donated by Mr. Bill Williams. They were hauled with horses from his place west of the river, by members of the church. Some of the men who helped were Mr. Frank Symonds, Mr. Ken Wates, and Mr. Frank Richards. Mr. William Connors a local blacksmith made the iron cross that stands on top of the church. The furnishings for the interior of the church were all hand made from native wood, except for the chairs and organ. A wood heater warmed the church on cold winter days. The church was completed in 1908 and dedicated in early 1909 and given the name, Church of the Epiphany. 


The church served its congregation well over the years but it was evident that a new and larger church was needed. With the help from generous donations from such parishners such as Mrs Ada Browne, Mr. Cotton, The parents of Donovan Duke, Audrey Cotton and the Rev George Major and the Rev George Major a new church was constructed. The church basement was finished so it could be used for Sunday school and social gatherings and a piano was purchased by Mr. Spencer Muddle on behalf of the congregation. A short time later, Mr. Peter Chubb gave a generous cash donation and the mortgage was burned. On September 10, 1961 the new church was consecrated. The old log church, now empty was moved to Pas-Ka-Poo Park where it stands today. Many people visit the park each year and admire its faded stained glass windows, and the natural beauty of the building itself. The church is still used for special services. In 1978 a new rectory was built and a cast iron and zinc bell were donated by Mr. and Mrs. Fred Zouboules.

History Continued
Upcoming Events
Centennial Celebration 2008
Contact Us